• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker [SOLVED] Google Play Services - SHA1 ? Android / GMS2

Traversal

Hello, I found this rather new article about how to create the Google play Login.
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004274212

I created it this way, but can not get a login to work.

I saw some posts about a SHA1 (which I get from Google and don't know where
or IF (!) to place in GMS 2 at all). I did even try to overwrite the SHA1 on google
play services with the SHA1 from gMS2 main settings (show key-hash).

Placed the App-ID (e.g. 123456789) inside GMS2 Android -> Social and checked the box for
"Google Services". The App is uploaded for internal tests on google console and linked.
Play Services Extension is downloaded/installed on my game.

Can't get it to work. Can someone explain how to do this, and maybe even update the
great article from yoyo mentioned above?

Traversal

If someone stumbles across this thread, please try to help.
I still don't get, how to connect GMS2 to Google.

Created my closed beta test and activated Google Play Services.
Always getting "not logged in" inside my app after I try to use
achievement_login();

Do I need to setup a OAuth 2.0 Client-ID? And if so, where to place it inside GMS2?

On Google, do I have to use "I don't use any Google Play APIs in my Project" and proceed,
or should I click on "I already use Google APIs in my project".

If the first case, how to go on from there? Where to place the generated sha1 from google?
Or copy & paste from GMS2 into the Google sha1-field?

Traversal

I solved it and posted a reply on another thread:
https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?threads/google-play-services-user-not-logged-in.53503/

Hope you mange to get it to work (who ever looks into this post in the future :) )

tested with:
Google Play Services Extension 3.0.8 and 3.0.5
GMS2 IDE v2.2.1.375 runtime v2.2.1.287
Android 26.0.0
Min SDK 16
Armv7 and Arm64

Added social number from google: e.g. 28654656101 inside Social Tab in Android Settings
Using SHA1 generated from GMS2 keystore file inside Google Play (will be inserted there
automated from the app you uploaded/linked)

Do NOT forget to click on TEST and Release/Publish for EVERY change done inside
achievement/leaderboard and WAIT a bit until it is synced and ready to be shown inside
your app!