• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Google Play Services: Can't post score

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I'm using version 2.9.0 of the GPS extension.

I can't post the score. The function does seem to run but it never gets a Social Async callback and the leaderboard is always empty.

Same happens even if I install the game from Google Play instead of using YoYo Runner.

And it seems like the score is being sent twice, at least from the logs:
Code:
09-27 20:23:20.805 10186 10275 I yoyo    : Running achievement_post_score() with 1 score...
09-27 20:23:20.829 10186 10275 I yoyo    : SendHighScore(Fairies,3)
09-27 20:23:20.895 10186 10275 I yoyo    : SendHighScore(Fairies,1)

09-27 20:23:57.410 10186 10275 I yoyo    : Running achievement_post_score() with 2 score...
09-27 20:23:57.437 10186 10275 I yoyo    : SendHighScore(Fairies,1)
09-27 20:23:57.503 10186 10275 I yoyo    : SendHighScore(Fairies,2)

09-27 20:24:14.869 10186 10275 I yoyo    : Running achievement_post_score() with 9 score...
09-27 20:24:14.881 10186 10275 I yoyo    : SendHighScore(Fairies,2)
09-27 20:24:14.930 10186 10275 I yoyo    : SendHighScore(Fairies,9)
First the previous one is sent, then the current one.

Why does this happen and why can't the score be posted?

achievement_show_leaderboards() works and you can see the leaderboards which are empty.

The leaderboard name is correct. The app is published on Google Play as alpha and the GPS is published too, with 1 leaderboard and 5 (hidden) achievements.

Last edited:

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
SOLVED: I was using the leaderboard name instead of its id in achievement_post_score.

Last edited:
M

MrBazooka

SOLVED: I was using the leaderboard name instead of its id in achievement_post_score.
Hi. I have a question regarding posting a score and hope you can maybe help.
My app is published on Google Play with internal testers. I can show my leaderboard but can't post a score.

I call achievement_post_score("C**********AA", global.highscore); when the player is out of lives.

Under which event did you use achievement_post_score() ?

M

MrBazooka

I don't have any achievements on GPS just the leaderboard. Do you think that might affect why it's not posting?

At the moment when the player dies a menu obj is created and I use the achievement_post_score function under the create event.

Do you perhaps have any idea why the leaderboard is not updating?

matharoo

manualman
GameMaker Dev.
I don't have any achievements on GPS just the leaderboard. Do you think that might affect why it's not posting?

At the moment when the player dies a menu obj is created and I use the achievement_post_score function under the create event.

Do you perhaps have any idea why the leaderboard is not updating?
No idea, but sometimes it takes time, maybe a day or two. If nothing works, add the achievements on GPS and publish the service.

I know that this is an old forum. But many users such as myself have been having this same issue. I have used this link that was giving by gamemaker, but sadly after going through all of this the issue still have not been solved.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//Link
https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004359432-Android-Google-Play-Services-Leaderboards
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anyone knows how to solve this issue on how to submit the score to the android leaderboard, please contact me :)

Gadrial

I am also still having this issue and have had no luck in finding anything that comes close to solving it. Everything else seems to work. Achievements, showing the leaderboards, logging in. Just not submitting scores.

Joh

So any one got this to work? I'm having that issue too.
Can logging, show leaderboards but posting scores fails.