• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] GMS2(v2.0.6.136)/VS 2017: Can't export to Windows

G

GMMG

On your page http://gms.yoyogames.com/ReleaseNotes.html you write
GMS2(v2.0.6.136) would be compatible with Visual Studio 2017:

"Visual Studio 2017 can now be used for building Windows YYC, but you must now point to its VS_VARS.BAT file, not just the install folder"

I have GMS2(v2.0.6.136) installed and my runtime version is 2.0.6.93.

I have installed the community version of Visual Studio 2017. But I can't find a VS_VARS.BAT
in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017 directory (or subdirectories).

But I can find this instead:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars64.bat
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat

So I tried to export to Windows setting this as "Platform Settings" for Windows.

But with C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars64.bat
or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat
I get this message in the output window if I try to export:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status

So what could be wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yazuka

Check in your Runtime Feeds section of Preferences that your Runtime is set to 2.0.6.93 as it's possible that you haven't got the correct runtime which won't work with Visual Studio 2017

G

GMMG

In the Runtime Feeds section of Preferences Version No. 2.0.6.93 has Running Status.

Y

Yazuka

Can you post your entire compile log in a spoiler tag so I can have a look at it? I have my Visual Studio path set to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Auxiliary\Build\vcvars32.bat and I have no issues building YYC or Exporting.

G

GMMG

There were file residues that prevented the exe building.
After deleting C:\Users\q\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\<dirs with my app names> and
C:\Users\q\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache
I can now export to Windows.

Last edited by a moderator: