• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SOLVED] GMS2 rendering worse than GMS1? (Screenshot Comparison)

R

Renshin

As seen below, I made a very simple new project in both Game Maker 1.4, and also Game Maker 2. Apart from a quick gray I chose for the level colour, the exact same sprite was used (The round ball) and dropped into the level using physics. image_angle was used for the rotation of the image to match the phy_direction.

Clearly however, you can see that the same project, the round sprite is way more pix-elated on GMS2 (Have a look at the screenshot in full size).

WTF is going on here? Is there a new setting I need to set, or is this what I can expect from Game Maker 2?

I am considering swapping over to GMS2 for my work, but I am not moving two years of work over to pix-elated graphics. It takes 5 mins to setup a project like this to test for yourself as well.

Please help?

P.S. I raised a support ticket with YoYoGames about this - the support guy was really unhelpful and just told me that the colours were different.... (the gray level lol). Even after I replied, he pretends that he doesn't see a difference in the sprite quality rendering here (I feel like adding his email screenshot here for reference, but why bother).

Fern

This might not be the answer you are looking for, but did you perhaps turn off interpolation in the global game settings of your project in GMS2?

R

Renshin

This might not be the answer you are looking for, but did you perhaps turn off interpolation in the global game settings of your project in GMS2?
Ahhh geez - that works! Thanks Seabass. I never turned it on in GM2 (completely forgot about it). I'm glad I posted this here, should have just done this from the start.

Buying GM2 <3 Thanks a million.

New Render from GMS2: