• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [Solved] GMS2 NSIS Installer Images Not Appearing

Anixias

Hello. I have added custom Installer images in the Windows settings. I noticed that when I actually run the installer (tried on multiple PCs), these images don't actually appear, and instead, blank spots where the images should be appear. I've tried cleaning the project, packaging with VM instead of YYC, and packaging with different Configurations, but they still won't appear. They are the correct sizes, and are *.BMP and I do see them correctly in the IDE. How can I fix this?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
WHat format are the images you have used? Iirc they need to be BMP files.

Anixias

I used an online PNG -> BMP converter to get them into GMS2. They appear to work fine but simply don't appear in the installer.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
It may be something to do with the BMP format used... Try loading the images into MS Paint and then saving them as BMP from that as 24Bit BMP, and if that still doesn't work, try the 256 BMP. If both those formats fail, I'd file a bug report with YYG, as I can't think what else could be the issue.

It may be something to do with the BMP format used... Try loading the images into MS Paint and then saving them as BMP from that as 24Bit BMP, and if that still doesn't work, try the 256 BMP. If both those formats fail, I'd file a bug report with YYG, as I can't think what else could be the issue.
I tried both 24Bit & 256Bit BMP they didn’t work

Nevermind it worked! It didn’t work initially because I used MS Paint from Google instead of Paint already installed on my computer