• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] GMS2 not responding too often & Workspace managing

T

thenthen

Hi, I'm new to GMS2.
and not good at English. so please understand that.

I have 2 questions.

GMS2 not responding too often, when I moving focus.
(e.g, making new sprite, new script, moving between Workspaces)
Is there any solution or precautions?

When I keep using GMS2, so many object & sprite windows are created in one Workspace.
How handle this situation?
Do you keep using in that situation?

My system info is~
Windows 10 / 64 bit
Intel i5-4670 / 3.40GHz
RAM : 8.00GB

thank you.

(I'm also new to viewing, and creating "Thread". so, if any problem in this thread, plz notify me.)

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
GMS2 not responding too often, when I moving focus.
(e.g, making new sprite, new script, moving between Workspaces)
Is there any solution or precautions?
Do you mean that the IDE becomes unresponive and you have to close, or just that there is lag in the IDE? If the IDE is lagging then you may need to use the MESA driver or change your powersaving options. Do you have a dedicated GPU or is it an integrated one?

When I keep using GMS2, so many object & sprite windows are created in one Workspace.
How handle this situation?
Do you keep using in that situation?
Use Control + Tab to open the workspace manager for really fast navigation. You can also quickly jump from window to window with Control + Alt + ArrowKeys.

T

thenthen

Do you mean that the IDE becomes unresponive and you have to close, or just that there is lag in the IDE? If the IDE is lagging then you may need to use the MESA driver or change your powersaving options. Do you have a dedicated GPU or is it an integrated one?
Sometime IDE have to close, and sometime lagging too much.
GPU is dedicated.
I didn't understand about MESA driver.
powersaving option <- is this bios option?

Use Control + Tab to open the workspace manager for really fast navigation. You can also quickly jump from window to window with Control + Alt + ArrowKeys.
Thanks! I'll try it.

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay, if you have a dedicated GPU you don't need the MESA driver (this is a special driver included with GMS2 to help people with integrated chips). As for the powersaving options, they can be found in the GMS2 Preferences. Go to File > Preferences in GMS, then open the section called "Powersaving".

T

thenthen

Okay, if you have a dedicated GPU you don't need the MESA driver (this is a special driver included with GMS2 to help people with integrated chips). As for the powersaving options, they can be found in the GMS2 Preferences. Go to File > Preferences in GMS, then open the section called "Powersaving".
Thanks!
I changed Power Saving option (to 100), and also disabled IDE transition animations, just to be sure.
If the problem does not recur, I will mark "resolved" in title.
Thanks again.