• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SOLVED] GMS2 exits on startup with no errors

BarrowBloke

Hi,

I was using GMS2.1.4.288 with no problems for a long time now and used it successfully as recently as yesterday.
This evening it doesn't startup correctly. It goes through its startup sequence but when the startup dialog in the centre of the screen disappears it just hangs there with an empty, greyed out UI for a few seconds and then exits to desktop.
I tried installing GMS2.1.4.295 but that does the same.

Does anyone have any ideas before I raise a support ticket?

Regards,
BarrowBloke

rIKmAN

Hi,

I was using GMS2.1.4.288 with no problems for a long time now and used it successfully as recently as yesterday.
This evening it doesn't startup correctly. It goes through its startup sequence but when the startup dialog in the centre of the screen disappears it just hangs there with an empty, greyed out UI for a few seconds and then exits to desktop.
I tried installing GMS2.1.4.295 but that does the same.

Does anyone have any ideas before I raise a support ticket?

Regards,
BarrowBloke
Have a look at your ui.log file and see if anything sticks out that may be related to the error.

You could also try running in MESA mode in case your drivers have auto-updated and may be causing some kind of issue, and try running with the internet disconnected in case it's some remnant from the last couple of weeks of server issues.

P

psyke

Hi,
I had the same problem today, the only solution I found was to uninstall everything related to Game Maker and install the latest version.

Windows 10
GeForce 1050 Ti

BarrowBloke

Thanks rIKmaN

I found the UI.log and the crashlog.
The contents didn't really mean much to me though.

So, I guessed something must have corrupted in my install and I had to follow this re-installation guide: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...perform-a-fresh-install-of-GameMaker-Studio-2
It worked although I did have to set my DNS to the Google public DNS on 8.8.8.8 to get around the slow downloads of the runtime on first startup.

I'll set this thread to 'Solved'

rIKmAN

Thanks rIKmaN

I found the UI.log and the crashlog.
The contents didn't really mean much to me though.

So, I guessed something must have corrupted in my install and I had to follow this re-installation guide: https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...perform-a-fresh-install-of-GameMaker-Studio-2
It worked although I did have to set my DNS to the Google public DNS on 8.8.8.8 to get around the slow downloads of the runtime on first startup.

I'll set this thread to 'Solved'
File a bug report and attach that ui.log, it'll hopefully mean more to YYG and help them sort these issues out.