• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual [solved] GMS 2 testing problem

W

wong jia jang

Hi there, I'm new to game maker studio 2, just purchased it on steam two days ago. I tried to follow the beginner tutorials, when I try to test/ Run(F5) the game, only a WHITE/ Blank testing window appeared, when there should be a player object and a black background in the window, when I test out the yoyo dungeon sample project it works fine.
please help if you know what could be the cause, thank you.

If the dungeon sample project works fine, can you also test by using a completely empty project and running that? Nothing in it, just the default stuff that is there when you first create the project. If that runs as well, then you have probably done something like putting an eternal while loop in your code. If a blank project does work, then you are going to need to show us what code you have written.

I suspect that this post should also be in the Programming part of the forum, not Community Chat.

W

wong jia jang

Thx for the fast reply, I tried testing with a blank/default project, even that doesn't display the black background in the room, btw I should have uploaded a screenshot(didn't see the upload an image button ==). I'm only starting out, so the project I'm working on(beginner tutorial) doesn't have much coding in it, I'm only at the first video lol,(creating sprites and placing objects in a room). Feel like this should be a simple problem(like related to gms2 basic setting, steam, file path, or hardware).

and sorry if I posted on the wrong community section. thx

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MarceloP

Could you copy and paste all the content of your output after running the test?
Are you running GM2S with administrative privileges?

W

wong jia jang

Thx for all your reply, I fixed it, I simply restart my pc and it worked. maybe this problem is caused by some installment issue, now it's working fine. thx~