• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [Solved] GMS 2 creating random partitions? WTF??

Biosyn

Hi,

I've got v. 2.2.1.35. I've noticed GM2 creating random partitions. See below:

All the partitions inside the red perimeter are ones GM created. This is because when I go inside one of these partitions, I can see various project files that look GM2 related. I've made sure to clear cache, deleting the temp path options and setting to delete after the project closes. Even after refreshing, the partitions are still there.

Is this normal? If not, how do I address this issue?

Thanks.

rIKmAN

Hi,

I've got v. 2.2.1.35. I've noticed GM2 creating random partitions. See below:

All the partitions inside the red perimeter are ones GM created. This is because when I go inside one of these partitions, I can see various project files that look GM2 related. I've made sure to clear cache, deleting the temp path options and setting to delete after the project closes. Even after refreshing, the partitions are still there.

Is this normal? If not, how do I address this issue?

Thanks.
GMS creates temporary drives to get around the filepath character limit (some of the paths on Android especially can be extremely long) so they get remapped to a drive letter.

Sometimes the drives stick around, but you can open a command prompt and use the subst command with the /D flag to remove them.

So for example to remove the X: drive:
Code:
SUBST X: /D
A reboot should also remove them, but I always just use subst if it starts to get out of hand.

Last edited:

Biosyn

Thank you rIKmAN. The reboot removed them. I'll also keep in mind that command prompt code in case it is needed.