• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM [SOLVED] GMS 1.4 - When I delete assets, why are they still present in the files?

Dr_Nomz

If I delete something in Game Maker, then that same resource is still present in the file folders. Why is that, is it a glitch? Anyway I can change that?

ALSO does that unnecessary space make the project taking longer to save? How about loading it later? And what about exporting it, will the file size be affected for others as well, or just the developer?

ALSO does that unnecessary space make the project taking longer to save? How about loading it later? And what about exporting it, will the file size be affected for others as well, or just the developer?
As far as I'm aware it just leaves the file on your hard drive, but it is excluded from compiles and saves because the .gmx file doesn't know about it anymore. It's just you, the developer that is affected.

Anyway I can change that?
You have a couple of options.

1625567971719.png
But this may only work for future deleting.

2. Export your project and then reimport it. Only the used assets will come with you.

3. At one point I remember seeing someone making a program that would do this for you, but I can't find it anymore. It was a long time ago. If you can find this it may be of use to you