• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML [SOLVED] gml blendmode that only effects hue?

N

Narayan Lewandowski

I don't even know if its possible with blendmodes (tbh I don't really get the gml blendmodes), but I need to basically need to set the hue of everything drawn on screen to a certain color. I though i could put
Code:
gpu_set_blendmode_ext(something, something);
draw_clear(col);
gpu_set_blendmode_ext(bm_normal);
in an object layered on top of everything. Similar to the 'hue' or 'color' blendmodes in photoshop.

Any help is appreciated!

Headsup: Someone might post a solution that involves a shader. However, before accepting the solution, check that it actually produces correct resulsts, by comparing the shader against an identical transformation in photoshop. If the results are not the same (or very close), then the shader is borked. Many hue shift shaders I've seen just don't work correctly.

N

Narayan Lewandowski

Headsup: Someone might post a solution that involves a shader. However, before accepting the solution, check that it actually produces correct resulsts, by comparing the shader against an identical transformation in photoshop. If the results are not the same (or very close), then the shader is borked. Many hue shift shaders I've seen just don't work correctly.
Well if shaders are the only solution then I might as well just give up because I am using the Game Maker Studio 2 beta trail and therefore I have no acces to shaders.

Well, if your base images are grayscale, you might be able to get away with setting the hue by just changing the blend color. Also, now that I think about it more carefully, a hue shift shader (I think) wont not be the kind of shader you would need anyway. But you say, shaders aren't an option for you.