• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SOLVED] Getting Stuck at "Entering Main Loop"

MontyDrake

I have this project I save into a new version every few weeks to keep some kind of version control and make backups of any previous versions.

Today, after an extensive coding session, I tried to run the project and it didn't start. Output window's last message was "Entering main lop" and that's all. Tried to check if there was anything wrong with my code, any potential loops in it, but to no avail.

I run the inmediately previous version, saved just a few hours back, and it run smoothly. I coded the project again on this version to try a find out what was the origin of the problem, but there wasn't any problem at all. Previous, but updated, version started without problem.

Then I save the working project into a new version, start it... and it gets stuck on "Entering main loop", without even touching the code, or any other resource. The only change was the name of the new project I saved it into. Tried it several times, different names, different folders, but nothing changes. Every new version of the project just stops launching.

Anybody has any clue about this? Because I would like to know how to avoid this from happening.

Thanks in advance.

Maa2007

i once had a similer problem i think,
where the problem was i used spaces in the name of the project, try to name it without any special letters or spcaes, use _ instead of a space

MontyDrake

i once had a similer problem i think,
where the problem was i used spaces in the name of the project, try to name it without any special letters or spcaes, use _ instead of a space
I never use spaces, always use underscores. In fact, my working project version is called Familiar_20190223_004, and the non-working ones are Familiar_20190317_005 and Familiar_20190317_006. So thanks, but problem isn't that.

Try to enable debug mode and see where your code stuck
Already tried it, but the project doesn't even start, nor the debug screens appear either. It's something else before any of that.

Any other possibilities?

Last edited:
After you have saved it to the new project name have you used the broom icon to perform a cleanup? Sometimes that fixes things as it clears out old cached versions, gets rid of temp files, etc.

MontyDrake

I've solved the problem. And as I was expecting, it was all a fault of mine, silly me.

Totally forgot that I'm working with an external .ini file to keep some info that right now I need to be external, and that .ini file is held at the working directory. Just copied the .ini file to the working directory of the new version, and it worked smoothly. I should have remebered. Anyhow, now you guys know. Always be careful with your .ini files.

Thanks to everyone that answered giving advice.