• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion (SOLVED)Game wont start because "assets compiler error". Any ideas what happened?

C

Chris12245

I woke up this morning and got on GMS2 to practice and when after awhile when I tried to start my game it just showed this the error. I removed everything from the room ( since it barely had anything in it) and tried to run it again but it gave me the same error. I cant find an solutions so I am just wondering if anyone else has got this problem before and if they found a way to fix it.

This is what the output says after I try and start it.
Compile Objects...System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at GMAssetCompiler.GMLCompile.[](Dictionary`2 , IList`1 )
at GMAssetCompiler.GMLCompile.(GMAssets , Dictionary`2& , String )
at GMAssetCompiler.GMLCompile.(String , & )
at GMAssetCompiler.GMLCompile.(String , List`1 , List`1 , Int32 , Boolean )
at GMAssetCompiler.GMLCompile.(GMAssets , String , String , List`1& , Boolean , Boolean )

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (-532462766)
elapsed time 00:00:06.5257872s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.1.4.218/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Chr\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 07/10/2018 09:51:38
"cmd" /c subst Z: /d

elapsed time 00:00:00.0379990s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: /d started at 07/10/2018 09:51:44
FAILED: Run Program Complet

Attachments

M

MarceloP

Hello @Chris12245,

Referencing a "solved" issue. In this post I also recommend the author to create a bug report/ticket. Since I don't know if he/shed did so, I encourage you to do it. Since it's a common error and many people seem to be facing it.
If this don't solve you problem, please let us know. If it does, then change the title to Solved and submit a ticket with an example, please.

C

Chris12245

Hello @Chris12245,

Referencing a "solved" issue. In this post I also recommend the author to create a bug report/ticket. Since I don't know if he/shed did so, I encourage you to do it. Since it's a common error and many people seem to be facing it.
If this don't solve you problem, please let us know. If it does, then change the title to Solved and submit a ticket with an example, please.
I will just make a ticket, I just had an empty room so no objects in it to fix or anything.

C

Chris12245

Hello @Chris12245,

I solved it! I dont know how really, I remembered I once had a door object which I deleted from the room and then deleted as an object, and once I made it again the error went away and the game started again!