• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX SOLVED: Game was Test Running, After installing Xcode, it won't

A

Andrew Simms

I've been working on my first game for about 3 days now, and for all this time the game was test running in YoYo Runner just fine. (I'm on a MacBook btw) Randomly, the next time I opened GM2, the game won't run. I haven't changed anything in terms of coding. I downloaded an older version of Xcode, but would that affect anything being a separate entity? I'm not the most technological savvy.

A

Andrew Simms

Update: I get this message:

EXCEPTION FILE - /var/folders/b4/bbn4ty8d4rsd0syxzpgd10f00000gn/T/337f50bc761d40bea58fbcfac47da8a4.yyg.saencryptedreport
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: The Carbon driver has not been ported to 64bits, and very few parts of Windows.Forms will work properly, or at all

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono exited with non-zero status (82)

elapsed time 00:00:02.4379290s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/b4/bbn4ty8d4rsd0syxzpgd10f00000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run started at 10/17/2019 10:00:30
FAILED: Run Program Complete

rIKmAN

Update: I get this message:

EXCEPTION FILE - /var/folders/b4/bbn4ty8d4rsd0syxzpgd10f00000gn/T/337f50bc761d40bea58fbcfac47da8a4.yyg.saencryptedreport
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING: The Carbon driver has not been ported to 64bits, and very few parts of Windows.Forms will work properly, or at all

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono exited with non-zero status (82)

elapsed time 00:00:02.4379290s for command "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands/mono" /Users/Shared/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes/runtime-2.2.4.366/bin/Igor.exe -j=8 -options="/var/folders/b4/bbn4ty8d4rsd0syxzpgd10f00000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/build.bff" -v -- Mac Run started at 10/17/2019 10:00:30
FAILED: Run Program Complete
I don't use the Mac IDE, but there seems to be a correlation between it working, installing an old xCode version and then it not working.
Maybe it changed some system variables to point to an older unsupported version of Mono or something similar.

The versions of Mono required by GMS2 (and other setup information) is listed in the "Using the Mac IDE" section of the GMS2 Required SDKs Article, but specifically:
Using GMS2 2.2.1 and above, Mono v5.10.1.57 or newer (we recommend 5.20.1.19) is required to be installed on your Mac, otherwise you won't be able to build any projects - if for any reason this fails to be installed automatically by GMS2 you can download the installer from https://download.mono-project.com/a...k-MDK-5.20.1.19.macos10.xamarin.universal.pkg

A

Andrew Simms

I don't use the Mac IDE, but there seems to be a correlation between it working, installing an old xCode version and then it not working.
Maybe it changed some system variables to point to an older unsupported version of Mono or something similar.

The versions of Mono required by GMS2 (and other setup information) is listed in the "Using the Mac IDE" section of the GMS2 Required SDKs Article, but specifically:
Thank you, I see, I didn't realize that could affect anything. Would you recommend un-installing it? Also, it was an older version of Xcode because I think my hardware is outdated to the point where I can't use the most recent version. I'm anticipating issues in the future with exporting my projects because of this but I guess that's a different thread

EDIT:

I uninstalled Xcode and it is now running just fine again. Thank you!