• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion [Solved]Game Maker 2 won't compile anymore

P

Pain9971

Hello Forum,
since the new Update which came a few days ago i can't compile anymore which is strange.
I tried to unistall and install Game Maker 2 again but this won't fix it.

The Exception is: (German for some reason)

Unbehandelte Ausnahme: System.Xml.XmlException: Das Stammelement ist nicht vorhanden.
bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
bei System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
bei System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
bei System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
bei System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
bei GMAssetCompiler.TexturePage.(String )
bei GMAssetCompiler.TexturePage.(String , Boolean , Boolean , Int32 , String , String , String[] )
bei GMAssetCompiler.WADSaver`1.<>c.(KeyValuePair`2 )
bei GMAssetCompiler.Program..(Object )
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
bei System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
bei System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Ty for helping me.

gnysek

For me seems like some problem with .NET Framework, however System.Xml.XmlException... GMS 2 uses JSON for everything except TexturePages, so there seems to be a bug here.

1) Clear asset cache
2) check texture pages, maybe there's a sprite which you removed from game still presented on some of texture pages ? "Tools > Texture pages".

P

Pain9971

I now checked and it did work :) I cleared the asset path and all seems to work perfectly again.
Ty for your solution and help