Legacy GM [Solved] Game decided to break for no reason

Hi, I've spent a few months on and off working on a game, and I decided to edit it today for the first time in a month. I haven't touched it since the last time I worked on it, and no one else has either.

So something caused the car object to break. Everything else is fine, the player, pedestrians, the police and police cars still work. The car object changes sprites constantly, the AI freaks out and makes it go around in circles or just goes back and forth, when I try to enter a car it either despawns or I am teleported into a different car. The cars also spawn too close to the player, and sometimes they don't even spawn on the roads, which makes no sense because the spawn system is literally a bunch of traffic spawner objects I placed on the roads which checks if it's far enough from the player that spawning in the car wont be visible.

I don't know if it's the game engine or my computer. I only tested it on two computers, my gaming PC and my laptop, and both of them are broken. I would add a video showing the problem but I don't know how.

Thanks for any help. I wont bother posting code right here, but if you want to see just ask.

Do you know the difference between objects and instances? The behaviours you described show all the hallmarks of not knowing the difference. Hint: If you are using anything like obj_car.x or obj_pedestrian.y and there are multiple instances of either object in a room, you deserve what you got.
I used the instance id to differentiate between car instances. The game worked perfectly the last time I played it, but I don't know what caused it to break. There's no need to be a dick.

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
If you actually used instance IDs to tell between car instances, then there should be no reason for you to teleport into the wrong car or lose control of the sprite. Aside from a corrupted compile cache (which you can fix with Ctrl+F7) or other unintentional modification, the only explanation I can come up with is improper handling of instance IDs or abusing object IDs.

An inspection of your actual code will instantly prove or disprove my point. So show at least the part where the car gets its sprite, or where it accepts a player getting onto it.

If you actually used instance IDs to tell between car instances, then there should be no reason for you to teleport into the wrong car or lose control of the sprite. Aside from a corrupted compile cache (which you can fix with Ctrl+F7) or other unintentional modification, the only explanation I can come up with is improper handling of instance IDs or abusing object IDs.

An inspection of your actual code will instantly prove or disprove my point. So show at least the part where the car gets its sprite, or where it accepts a player getting onto it.
UH-OH I forgot I was adding my own physics to the cars. Turns out I completely forgot about it and I forgot how it all works because I'm a mess right now starting a new year of school.

Sorry I wasted your time 💩💩💩💩 happens