• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Legacy GM [Solved]Full screen show_question?

N

Nixio

Hey guys!

I have this problem with show_question..
I made that if you press new game in main menu question shows.

In windowed mode it works but when I play my game in full screen It crash.
Code is:

if show_question("Are you sure you want to start new game? Saved game will be deleted.")
{
room_goto(lvl1);
}
else
{
//do nothing
}

Any solution?

D

dannyjenn

Does it crash when it tries to change rooms, or does it crash before displaying the question?

Regardless, you're not supposed to use show_question(). That function is for debugging purposes only. I am not sure what function you're supposed to use in its place, but I personally would just program my own. The pop-up thing looks really unprofessional.

N

Nixio

Does it crash when it tries to change rooms, or does it crash before displaying the question?

Regardless, you're not supposed to use show_question(). That function is for debugging purposes only. I am not sure what function you're supposed to use in its place, but I personally would just program my own. The pop-up thing looks really unprofessional.
Thank you for your answer!

It crash when it tries to display the question..
Oh I didn't know that function is used for debugging, I am beginner so I am still learning :)

I have idea for my own quest just want to ask you If I am right:

So when I press play button and If there is saved game it deactivates all objects and than It draws text and create two objects that are YES/NO buttons.

If they press yes It will start the game and If they press no it will activate all objects again and deactivate these 2 objects.

Is that right?

Thank you again :)

D

dannyjenn

That should work, except you should probably destroy the two buttons rather than deactivate them. Also keep in mind, if you deactivate an instance it will become invisible. If you don't want it to do that then you'll need to save the view to a surface and then draw the surface beneath the button objects.

N

Nixio

That should work, except you should probably destroy the two buttons rather than deactivate them. Also keep in mind, if you deactivate an instance it will become invisible. If you don't want it to do that then you'll need to save the view to a surface and then draw the surface beneath the button objects.
I made it :)

Thank you for your time and help!