• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker [SOLVED] Framerate issues..

A

Ayziak

My game is far from intensive, yet all of a sudden (in the new GMS2 versionnumber.64) my frame rate tanks from about 1500fps to ~45. This is a problem as my game runs at 60fps. I haven't done or added anything new, This is just out of nowhere.

Any ideas? Either way, thanks for reading.

Binsk

We can't help you with anything when you don't give us a single bit of info about your project.

All I can suggest at this point is use the debugger's profiler.

GM2 changes how a lot of things work in the background (layers, tiles, etc) and this will result in poor performance if certain compatibility scripts are required.

A

Ayziak

We can't help you with anything when you don't give us a single bit of info about your project.

All I can suggest at this point is use the debugger's profiler.

GM2 changes how a lot of things work in the background (layers, tiles, etc) and this will result in poor performance if certain compatibility scripts are required.
Thanks for your quick response. Just to clarify, I am aware there isn't much info here. What I should have clarified in the post however was that I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue, rather than blaming the version. My bad on that part.