• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion [SOLVED] First time install, installing runtime took forever.

R

Ran_TH

I leave GMS:2 installing runtime overnight and when I wake up to my surprise it's still installing! Also checked my network meter and it says that GM:S has downloaded 2,4 GB worth of data yet it still stuck in unending install loop as the time of this writing. What's wrong?

R

Ran_TH

Never mind, the problem relies on my ISP. Got it sorted out now.

P

penrimainwaring

Hey, I'm having the same problem.

I've got GameStudio 2 v2.0.1.33 and it's been 'installing' runtime 2.0.1.16 for hours.

How did you fix yours?

Thanks

H

hyperguy

Same problem...
I would like to know how to fix this problem.
Thanks for any hints....

L

Lord Mystirio

still no clue and no answer.

I hope a staff member just give us an answer. Please...

F

Firepyro

I believe I figured out how to fix this sort of. OP said "Never mind, the problem relies on my ISP. Got it sorted out now." I actually had a run in with my new ISP about blocking me from some sites about a week ago so this info caught my eye when I read it. Long story short I believe that for some reason the YoYo server that is used to download some of the files is blocked by your ISP so I installed Gamemaker 2 Beta to a USB and put it in my laptop, then started installing it not using my wifi but with my phone using mobile data. this worked on the laptop (got into the full program and got to try it) but not when I moved the USB back to my desktop which is where i want it. so I am now in the process of using data to install the runtime on my desktop and I am fairly confident that it will work, Ill post the results when I'm done. Hope this helps everyone.

F

Firepyro

Okay so I just finished installing the runtime part of the install and it worked hooray! So basically you need to use another ISP to install or it gets blocked, there may be a way to unblock but idk how to do that. Ill check back on this post for a few days if you need any help

L

Lord Mystirio

I wish I could find a way to unblock it using my current ISP because I doubt I'll be able to use another. Thank you anyway dude.

N

NPT

I wish I could find a way to unblock it using my current ISP because I doubt I'll be able to use another. Thank you anyway dude.
Try a different browser (and temporarily setting your default browser to a differeant one).
Try a different router (or bypassing your router by plugging your computer directly into your modem)

F

Firepyro

Try a different browser (and temporarily setting your default browser to a differeant one).
Try a different router (or bypassing your router by plugging your computer directly into your modem)
A different browser wouldn't help because they already downloaded the software its just when they open the software it says that it has to finish up some installing, which includes downloading the run time environment and that is where the problem is. That being said you could try bypassing your router that may do it.

N

NPT

A different browser wouldn't help because they already downloaded the software its just when they open the software it says that it has to finish up some installing, which includes downloading the run time environment and that is where the problem is. That being said you could try bypassing your router that may do it.
Except in Studio 2 the downloading is handlled by the browser. Changing your browser will rule out problems downloading the RTE.

L

Lord Mystirio

Will give it a try and let you know ^^I set google chrome as the default browser this time. Now I'll cross my fingers and see how it works out.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
you will not be able to get them that way - let us know if you are still having problems with the runtime download - file a bug and ensure you add the ui.log from c:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2 directory

Russell

L

Lord Mystirio

Sorry everyone for the very late reply, I've been busy (family matters).

I tried again this morning with a new internet provider and it worked fine.

Now I can enjoy GM2

Thank you all for your help.

S

sogun

Solved. If you have AdBlock installed plus any kind of restriction on advertisements, like Pop Up blocker, turn it off in your browser: RMB on the ABP icon --> "Disable Everywhere". Start GMS2 and Voila! It installs the runtime in seconds.. :)

O

ochreseastar

Solved. If you have AdBlock installed plus any kind of restriction on advertisements, like Pop Up blocker, turn it off in your browser: RMB on the ABP icon --> "Disable Everywhere". Start GMS2 and Voila! It installs the runtime in seconds.. :)
Thanks. I uninstalled adblock plus from chrome and tried again with GM:2, it worked.

gnysek

Wait, so JS addons inside chrome are blocking GMS2 from installation? Does it only affect when chrome is opened or all the time? This seems to be interesting...

J

Jonathan DeLeon

Just in case anyone else still seems to be looking, the problem is still occurring (as of version IDE 2.1.2.257). From my limited standpoint, it seems your ISP might be the culprit.

I was able to get around this by using a VPN, so if you have that option, try giving that a go. Best of luck!

A

Abhi

Guys VPN will not work and this method is for those who wants to install runtimes and have only one ISP. You just have to change DNS server in your network adapter settings.
1. For Windows Vista and 7, click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. If you’re using Windows 8, hit
Windows key + C > click Search on the right-hand side > type Control Panel in the search bar > select Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
2. Click Change adapter settings , which is on the left sidebar.
3. Right-click the Internet connection (MTNL, Airtel,
3. Right-click the Internet connection on which you’re having trouble accessing websites, and click Properties .
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IP), and then click Properties .
5. Click the radio button next to Use the following DNS Server address s. If you want to use Google DNS, enter 8.8.8.8 as the Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 as the Alternate DNS Server. If you want to use OpenDNS, use 202.67.220.220 and 202.67.222.222 respectively. After entering these, click OK.
The runtimes will install in 2 hours or 1.5 hours if you are on a 4G internet or if your speed is 1-2 Mbps.
The installing runtime loading bar may restart after completing but you have to wait for some time.
please share to everyone who is experiencing this problem

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aayan Gohar

Seriously just run this thing as an administrator and it WILL work
and try to disable your antivirus too

D

Dilshad

you will not be able to get them that way - let us know if you are still having problems with the runtime download - file a bug and ensure you add the ui.log from c:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2 directory

Russell
How can I get runtime.zip password?