• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] FAILED : Run program complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoff Jones

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
FAILED : Run program complete

Basically I make a change in my game, go to run it and I get that error in the output window. Then when I change it back to before I got this error, it still crashes at this point. I've only noticed it since updating to the newest 2.0.4.64. I've submitted a bug report already, but anyone else getting this problem, just so I know it's not just me?

R

Ramaraunt

I still have this issue. It first appeared after the update. I can't open anything.

c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
FAILED : Run program complete

I have the same problem, and i don't know how to do now.( gms2 _ 2.0.4.65)
Some existing old gms2 project can work. But when i use the gms2 change something of the old project, or create the new project, these project would be run with this FAILED.

L

Leone_Kaiser

I just ran into this problem and I did what was pitched in here, but it still keeps giving the error.

"C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:02.5630000s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.1.16/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Kaiser\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows Run started at 02/12/2017 20:25:49
FAILED : Run Program Complete"

Starting to get annoying.

Ednei

Friend,

Check which Runtime is installed on your GM2, the most current is 2.0.4.42.

In your log you are reporting that you are running the older version 2.0.1.16.

Change the Runtime in Preferences> Runtime Feeds> Master.

Make sure that Runtime 2.0.4.42 is installed and running.

Good luck.

Ednei

S

Storyteller

same problem, barely found this, a better error message would have helped, like 'your runtime is out of date'

W

Willsaber

I have the latest runtime and it started doing this anyways. Now I can't work on my project at all.
Sorry for double post, but I just fixed it. I reverted to the second-most recent version, and then switched back to the latest one. That fixed it.

Ito

I keep getting this error. I haven't opened my project nor GMS2 in more than two months. After updating GMS2 two hours ago, I can't compile my project.

I tried reinstalling and reverting-switching back to the latest runtime, but it doesn't work.

SkyKnight

I just made a post about this on Steam. With the update today I have been unable to run my project. I have updated my runtime feeds. Gone to the new one and tried... gone to older ones and tried. Uninstalled GMS 2 and put it back on. Moved things around in a room of my game and saved on the old ones and new one. Nothing seems to make it better... If it was something in my code that is breaking it as its trying to run in the new runtime feed I sure wish it would tell me...

E

elliotcoy

I had this issue in Steam Runtime v2.0.7.110 (Mobile) today and managed to fix it.

THE FIX: I change the number of arguments in one of my scripts, and didn't update one of the uses. Instead of throwing a compiler error GMS2 simply failed to run. Once I Updated all uses of the script (ctrl+shift+f) with the proper number of arguments the problem was gone.

THE ATTEMPTS TO FIX (none of these worked for me): I tried changing the Runtime Version, Saving as a new project, Reinstalling GMS2, cleared the cache (ctrl+F7, clean).

Hopefully this helps anyone else who runs into this error...

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
@elliotcoy - Hmmm the compiler has checks for this and should complain (loudly) about it... I am very curious to see how you managed to get this behaviour (can you share the project with me in its broken state???)

Russell

E

elliotcoy

@elliotcoy - Hmmm the compiler has checks for this and should complain (loudly) about it... I am very curious to see how you managed to get this behaviour (can you share the project with me in its broken state???)

Russell
@rwkay Hello, sorry for the late reply. My project is for work so I had create a gutted version which is still broken in the same manner. The new (broken) project file contains 1 sprite, 1 script, and 1 object. Please let me know the best method in which to send the project to you. This is currently my 3rd forum post, and as such I am told I cannot attach a link...

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Usually a File -> Export to a YYZ and then put it in DropBox and share a link with the project (you could use a similar file sharing service)

Russell

A

a52

I'm having a similar problem. I've tried changing the runtime to newer and older versions, I've tried reinstalling GM, I've tried redownloading the installer and then reinstalling and then trying different runtimes, but it still doesn't work. It only seems to fail on a specific project, but as far as I can tell, all scripts are receiving the correct number of arguments. Staff, I can PM you a dropbox link of the project if you want.

EDIT: It seems to be related to accessing room_width via a call to gml_pragma. Here's what I believe to be a minimal example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lhfz7dzqutkoq5/game maker minimal crash example.zip?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

hogwater

I am having this same problem suddenly, and I already had the current runtime.

Did anyone ever find a real solution?

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
@a52 - you do realise that if you are using the gml_pragma() for initialisation that these are done before any room is active so using room_width would give an undefined result... as there is currently no room to get the width of.

Russell

Kyon

I just got this problem, if anyone still struggling with it. My problem was that I created a script, with the same name (an accident) as a variable I was using already.
GMS2 doesn't give a error for this, just fails to compile. :)

J

Jort

every time I want to run he gives this error. please give me some specific answers because I can't vind privileges. i am on Mac

G

GMSNormie

I'm on runtime 2.1.3.189 (Windows 10) which I'm sure is the latest version. I have this same error and have not found a solution that works

G

GMSNormie

What information would be helpful? The rest is just basic stuff like writing sound files

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
how can i change the runtime? I have runtime 2.1.3.189
http://docs2.yoyogames.com/index.ht...etting_started/preferences/prefs_runtime.html

What information would be helpful? The rest is just basic stuff like writing sound files
Writing sound files? Really you should make a new topic for your issue, as the original post was about a very speciic issue relating to a specific runtime, and most of the people saying they have the same issue, actually don't... they have a similar issue, ie: the game won't run, but the causes are mostly different.

@ALL: So, I'm closing this. Please make a new topic for your own issue, and include as much details about your project, including current runtime version, current IDE version, type of project, and a screengrab of the output window. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.