• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Facebook Integration Bug?

M

MaikForte

So I'm currently trying to integrate my game to Facebook.

I have invoked facebook_init() at the start of the game making the facebook_status() = to IDLE.

Now, when the player dies, a share button appears. This has the Facebook Share button. Upon clicking, the script below will be called:

Code:
if ( os_is_network_connected() )
{
    var permissions = ds_list_create();
    ds_list_add(permissions,"public_profile", "user_friends", "email");
    facebook_login(permissions, fb_login_default);
    ds_list_destroy(permissions);
    show_debug_message( facebook_status() );
}
Making the facebook_status() = to PROCESSING.

After accepting the permissions and returning to the game, the game now tries to download the GameAssetsDROID.zip.

errorlog-yoyogame.png

I was able to compile and play the game. This only happens AFTER logging in to Facebook using share button AND returning to the game itself.

Please note that I was able to compile and play the game beforehand.

M

MaikForte

Okay, if someone still needs help on this one, I overlooked this part on the Studio Documentation.
NOTE: If your test device has the Facebook App installed, these functions will only work when creating an executable, as just testing the game (using the green or orange "play" buttons) will not work correctly. Basically, the test runner and the FaceBook App communicate with one another so the mechanism for communication has to be correctly setup, and you only get it correctly setup via the Create Application button.
I had to export the APK to test the Facebook functionality.