• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Android [Solved] Errormessage on compile, please help

U

Uberpink

i got this:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseManifest'.
> Manifest merger failed : uses-sdk:minSdkVersion 14 cannot be smaller than version 15 declared in library [com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:4.35.0] Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.facebook.android\facebook-android-sdk\4.35.0\AndroidManifest.xml

(i did not get this errormessage at all, before i tried to make app communicate with facebook)
-just trying to access facebook and post some tekst from the app....
(i have already installed the facebook ekstension, put in facebook app id and display name)

rIKmAN

i got this:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseManifest'.
> Manifest merger failed : uses-sdk:minSdkVersion 14 cannot be smaller than version 15 declared in library [com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:4.35.0] Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\exploded-aar\com.facebook.android\facebook-android-sdk\4.35.0\AndroidManifest.xml

(i did not get this errormessage at all, before i tried to make app communicate with facebook)
-just trying to access facebook and post some tekst from the app....
(i have already installed the facebook ekstension, put in facebook app id and display name)
It says right there in the error message
Code:
minSdkVersion 14 cannot be smaller than version 15 declared in library [com.facebook.android:facebook-android-sdk:4.35.0]
Set your minSDK version to be at least 15, which is what the Facebook extension uses.

U

Uberpink

ahh damn... thanks... ok will try,,, been googling for facebook sdk and totally off the track lol

U

Uberpink

think it worked, but also got alot of errors: (currently googling like hell ..:)

:com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseManifest UP-TO-DATE
:com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseResourcesZ:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:3: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:4: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15:21-54: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:4: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Failed to execute aapt

rIKmAN

think it worked, but also got alot of errors: (currently googling like hell ..:)

:com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseManifest UP-TO-DATE
:com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseResourcesZ:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:3: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:4: AAPT: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15:21-54: AAPT: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Borderless.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v24\values-v24.xml:4: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Colored'.

Z:\com.companyname.larsp\build\intermediates\res\merged\release\values-v26\values-v26.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:keyboardNavigationCluster'.

FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':com.companyname.larsp:processArmeabi-v7aReleaseResources'.
> com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: Failed to execute aapt
What version of GMS are you using?
What versions of the SDK, NDK and JDK are you using?
Do you have the APIs you are trying to target fully installed in the SDK Manager?
What Facebook extension are you using?

Last edited:
U

Uberpink

ok here: (i never had problems compiling yyc for phone ,ads works , and no problems, it was after trying facebook, errors occured)

facebook ekstension: facebook yoyogames v 1.2.1
GMS 1.4.1804
jdk1.8.0_181
ndk r10b

target sdk 16
min sdk 15
compile sdk 23

build tools 24
support lib 23.2.1

currently looking in the sdk manager to see if i can remove stuff there not in use etc or if ive forgotten something,, but havent looked to much since everything worked earlier,, and cant find anything about facebook etc in the sdk manager

rIKmAN

Firstly, you should download and use NDK 12b as per the GMS 1.4 Required SDKs Article.

Secondly, since the 1st August 2018 the target API level for new apps (which it sounds like yours is) submitted to the store is at least API 26.
Google Play will require that new apps target at least Android 8.0 (API level 26) from August 1, 2018, and that app updates target Android 8.0 from November 1, 2018.
Source: https://developer.android.com/distribute/best-practices/develop/target-sdk

The last thing I'd note is that the YYG Facebook extension on the marketplace was last updated 2yrs ago, so it's possible that things may have changed and the extension itself may have issues.

I haven't used it myself so can't confirm but it's something to consider if things still aren't working after trying the first two things mentioned, and hopefully someone who is using it can chime in to confirm whether it's still fully functional or not.

Try updating the NDK and changing your settings to adhere to the new Google guidelines as I mentioned above and then see what happens when you try to compile and what new error messages you get, if any.

Remember to clean the cache of the project before trying to compile using the new NDK and settings.

Last edited:
U

Uberpink

Thanks ALOT for detailed info man! ill go thru it and check, again thanks:)

U

Uberpink

changed ndk , and target api from 16 to 26

got some gradle problem.. lint says:

../../build.gradle:44: This support library should not use a lower version (23) than the targetSdkVersion (26)
41 }
43 dependencies {
44 compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:23.2.1'
45 compile 'com.android.support:multidex:1.0.1'
46 compile files('libs/ini4j-0.5.2.jar')
------------------
and got alot of "warnings" similar to these: (maybe thats because of the problems above)

In file included from C:\Users\lars\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\YYC\include\YYGML.h:12:
C:\androidndk\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-mips/usr/include\math.h:24:9: warning: '__pure2' macro redefined [-Wmacro-redefined]
#define __pure2
^
C:\androidndk\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-mips/usr/include\sys/cdefs.h:198:9: note: previous definition is here
#define __pure2 __attribute__((__const__)) /* Android-added: used by FreeBSD libm */
^
In file included from C:/Users/lars/Documents/GameMaker/Cache/Block_mock_test44/Default/Scripts/gml_Object_slowing_to_button_loc_Step_0.gml.cpp:1:
In file included from C:\Users\lars\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\YYC\include\YYGML.h:12:
C:\androidndk\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-mips/usr/include\math.h:24:9: warning: '__pure2' macro redefined [-Wmacro-redefined]
#define __pure2
^
C:\androidndk\android-ndk-r12b\platforms\android-14\arch-mips/usr/include\sys/cdefs.h:198:9: note: previous definition is here
#define __pure2 __attribute__((__const__)) /* Android-added: used by FreeBSD libm */
^
1 warning generated.
1 warning generated.

rIKmAN

changed ndk , and target api from 16 to 26

got some gradle problem.. lint says:

../../build.gradle:44: This support library should not use a lower version (23) than the targetSdkVersion (26)
41 }
43 dependencies {
44 compile 'com.android.support:support-v4:23.2.1'
45 compile 'com.android.support:multidex:1.0.1'
46 compile files('libs/ini4j-0.5.2.jar')
------------------
and got alot of "warnings" similar to these: (maybe thats because of the problems above)

#define __pure2
^
^
In file included from C:/Users/lars/Documents/GameMaker/Cache/Block_mock_test44/Default/Scripts/gml_Object_slowing_to_button_loc_Step_0.gml.cpp:1:
#define __pure2
^
^
1 warning generated.
1 warning generated.
C'mon dude, I'm starting to think you aren't even reading the error messages before posting them here.
Code:
This support library should not use a lower version (23) than the targetSdkVersion (26)
So I would assume you are using a support library that is lower than 26 in your settings?

Take a look at this thread for info on working settings for GMS2, which should also work for 1.4 as long as you have the relevant Build Tools and API's etc installed in SDK Manager

Last edited:
U

Uberpink

so gm 1.4 support higher support libs hm k ill check,,, someone said that GM1.4 is not worked on anymore, would that mean that gm1.4 might not support future higher support libs ,api etc in the future? im wondering buying gm2..

rIKmAN

so gm 1.4 support higher support libs hm k ill check,,, someone said that GM1.4 is not worked on anymore, would that mean that gm1.4 might not support future higher support libs ,api etc in the future? im wondering buying gm2..
Official support for 1.4 ended on 31st July, but there will be one final update for it which is still being worked on and has not been released yet, and that will be the final update for it.

At some point in the future things will break and you will be unable to export projects from 1.4 that will be accepted by the App Stores - how long that is nobody knows, but App Store requirements are known to change quite often.

I also believe that changes need to be made to 1.4 to enable support of new versions of the NDK etc, with notes on the Required SDK Article I linked that you can only use upto version x / version y isn't currently supported etc, which would imply that support needs to be added by YYG via updates for newer versions.

GMS2 will continue to be updated going forward to comply with any changes necessary (hopefully at a quicker pace than it currently is) so if you are looking to continue using GM to export apps to Android/iOS going forward you would be wise to look at moving over to GMS2.

U

Uberpink

ok. nice info, thanks guess ill do gm2 then, guess its a good investment

btw i changed to:

target sdk 26
min sdk 15
compile sdk 26
support lib 26.0.0-alpha1

no errormessages and compile successful... can see that stuff happens in the black window when phone connected and pushing the FB icon in the app.... -not working properly but thats due to faulty code i guess, or not havent gotten fb publish_action granted yet :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

ok. nice info, thanks guess ill do gm2 then, guess its a good investment

btw i changed to:

target sdk 26
min sdk 15
compile sdk 26
support lib 26.0.0-alpha1

no errormessages and compile successful... can see that stuff happens in the black window when phone connected and pushing the FB icon in the app.... -not working properly but thats due to faulty code i guess, or not havent gotten fb publish_action granted yet :)
Good stuff, happy to help and glad you got it working! :)