• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker [SOLVED] Error: sprite has been used but is marked for no export

R

Red Phantom

I want to put a sprite several times in my room as a 'decoration', so I created an asset layer (first time using an asset layer in GMS2) and dragged it in, assuming this was the quickest and most sparing way to do so. However I get an error:

Error : sprite "spr_Box" has been used but is marked for no export

I know that I can easily solve this by creating an object for the sprite and placing the object in the room's instance layer however, I think I have just missed something small, perhaps a check button somewhere. (Also I am fairly new to GMS2 still).

rIKmAN

I want to put a sprite several times in my room as a 'decoration', so I created an asset layer (first time using an asset layer in GMS2) and dragged it in, assuming this was the quickest and most sparing way to do so. However I get an error:

Error : sprite "spr_Box" has been used but is marked for no export

I know that I can easily solve this by creating an object for the sprite and placing the object in the room's instance layer however, I think I have just missed something small, perhaps a check button somewhere. (Also I am fairly new to GMS2 still).
Is the sprite also used as tileset?
If you open up the tileset there is a tickbox "Disable Source Sprite Export" which gives this error when trying to use the sprite as a regular sprite as well as part of a tileset.

R

Red Phantom

Solved.
Yes the sprite was used as an unnecessary tileset which I now deleted.
Thank you!