• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Error: "...Please add armv5"

E

etbunce

Saw that someone else had this problem too but it wasn't answered.

When I run the game with my device plugged in, compiling either VM or YYC, I get this error and it doesn't build:

System.Exception: Error : The selected Architecture options do not support this device. Please add Armv5

I've got the latest android stuff installed and followed the instructions as closely as I could. Tried running on API level 26 instead of 28 with different build options checked and still nothing.

Any help? Thanks!

EDIT: Turns out I just need to make sure my device is unlocked!

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

Tick the box for Armv5 in the Android options for your project.

Resource Tree > Options > Android

G

Make sure GMS2 can still detect your device by going to the devices screen and clicking detect or test connection or whatever. I'm not sure if it's fixed in the most recent version, but for a while now it has been giving that armv5 error instead of saying that it can't connect to your device.

E

etbunce

Make sure GMS2 can still detect your device by going to the devices screen and clicking detect or test connection or whatever. I'm not sure if it's fixed in the most recent version, but for a while now it has been giving that armv5 error instead of saying that it can't connect to your device.
Ah yes, it wasn't detecting my device because it needed to be unlocked, oops. Thanks so much.