• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML (SOLVED) draw_set_color is drawing the wrong color

Zahk

I'm trying to set the draw color to a specific bright orange color. I'm attempting to do so with the following line of code:

Code:
draw_set_color($FF8300)
with the hex value being obtained by using the color picker on the exact shade of orange I'm trying to draw. However, as you can see in this screenshot, the color of the text that it draws is pretty far from orange (it should be the same orange color as the outer border of that window). I'm making a game with 10 different color palettes, and this isn't the only palette where the text draws incorrectly, but it's the most glaring example. About half of them draw the wrong color.

Is there something wrong with using the hex value to set the color value? Should I be using another method?

rIKmAN

I'm trying to set the draw color to a specific bright orange color. I'm attempting to do so with the following line of code:

Code:
draw_set_color($FF8300)
with the hex value being obtained by using the color picker on the exact shade of orange I'm trying to draw. However, as you can see in this screenshot, the color of the text that it draws is pretty far from orange (it should be the same orange color as the outer border of that window). I'm making a game with 10 different color palettes, and this isn't the only palette where the text draws incorrectly, but it's the most glaring example. About half of them draw the wrong color.

Is there something wrong with using the hex value to draw text? Should I be using another method?
Try switching it to BGR and using using $0083FF.