• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visual [SOLVED] Draw Value not drawing anything to the screen

C

Colorized

So I'm trying to get text up in the corner of the game window. I set the draw color, font, and alignment beforehand, but it just won't draw anything. I set the X to camera_get_view_x(view_camera[0]) and set the Y to camera_get_view_y(view_camera[0]) , but nothing appears. The text I'm trying to get up is just "test".

Slyddar

Since you are in drag and drop, please show a screenshot of the drawing code, to allow us to help you faster.

If you use a direct value instead for x and y can you get it to work?

TheouAegis

Did you put the code in either the Draw, Draw Begin, or Draw End events? Those are the only events where that code would even possibly work right. Not Pre-Draw. Not Post-Draw. Not Draw GUI or any of its variants (although your code could be edited simply enough to work in the GUI events).

C

Colorized

Ah, that would be my problem. I put it in the Step events. I'm new to GMS2, a Scratch "refugee"(although I just moved platforms so I could take up game dev more seriously, scratch isn't "dead"), so I dunno a third of the stuff, what it does, and where it goes. Thanks!

C

Colorized

Actually, nevermind. The draw events don't work either.