• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [solved] Draw GUI problem

silentworks

Hello,

I am porting one of my app from GMS1.4 to GMS2, however there is some strange drawing issue when I am testing the app on a physical Android device. Before I start to dig into the investigation, there might be someone also experienced this?

The 3D part is rendering properly but I have some vertical lines on the screen. The sprites are drawn in the Draw GUI event.

edit: on windows, ios, and mac everything is fine

Please see the attached image.

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Are you using surfaces or anything for lighting? That looks a lot like "surface noise" from a surface that has been used but not cleared first. Make sure you call draw_clear_alpha() on any surface before actually drawing stuff to it.

silentworks

Are you using surfaces or anything for lighting? That looks a lot like "surface noise" from a surface that has been used but not cleared first. Make sure you call draw_clear_alpha() on any surface before actually drawing stuff to it.
At this point I am not using surfaces, these are simply draw_text and draw_sprite functions. I am using surfaces elsewhere tho, I will try to add the clearing function.

Thank you.

edit: I found the problem. Actually I am clearing all surfaces, however the "Clear Display Buffer" checkbox was unchecked for some reason. Checking this solved the issue. Thanks again.

Last edited: