• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX [SOLVED] Does Mac Splash Keep Aspect Ratio?

S

Sam (Deleted User)

A friend of mine is letting me port my games to Mac tmr, and I was wondering whether Mac splash screens keep their aspect ratio or are full scale. I noticed with all platforms I have ported to before, (Windows, Linux, Android, and iOS), whether the splash keeps the aspect ratio is not relative to what you set in Global Game Settings for that platform, even though the rest of the game is. Regardless of what you set, that setting for the splash screen appears to be read-only, and is different per platform.

I want the splash screen to match the rest of the game, so in order for me to know whether to set the game itself to keep aspect ratio or not, I need to know what the Mac OS X platform's splash screen does. So, what does it do on that platform? (This is a GMS1.4-specific question).

Thanks!
Samuel

A

Alex_Beach

The splash screen is scaled to fit with the size of your room I believe. Also, there are more options for splashes if you export your project into xCode.

S

Sam (Deleted User)

Thanks for the info! Now I'm prepared for tomorrow. Thanks again! :)