[SOLVED] Disable screenshot? Windows and Android

W

Wraithious

Hi, I'm making a graphics app and want to prevent the user from taking screenshots if they have the free version of my game, is this possible? I tried this in a step event:
Code:
if(keyboard_check(vk_printscreen)&& keyboard_check(vk_control)&& noshot=1)
{
show_message("Screenshot disabled in free version");noshot=0;alarm[3]=10;
}
but it doesn't work, not only that but it doesn't show the message either. any ideas on this?

I would like to do this with Windows and Android, also on Android what 'key' is used for the phone's power on/off button? I haven't checked if this code works on android because of not knowing that. I assume vk_home would be used for the home button on Android

Roa

you cant interrupt native OS permissions. The short answer is there is nothing you can do to prevent this. Your only option to impede people is to watermark it.

is it possible noshot doesnt =1 ?

W

Wraithious

you cant interrupt native OS permissions. The short answer is there is nothing you can do to prevent this. Your only option to impede people is to watermark it.

is it possible noshot doesnt =1 ?
I see, and no, noshot does = 1, I tried this too:
Code:
while(keyboard_check(vk_printscreen)&& keyboard_check(vk_control)&& noshot=1)
{
noshot=0;alarm[3]=10;
visible=0;
}
if !(keyboard_check(vk_printscreen)&& keyboard_check(vk_control)) if visible=0 visible=1;
and put the show_message in the alarm, that didn't work either, going to try making the image invisible if just pressing control and see what happens...

W

Wraithious

SOLVED!!

step event:
The one button check making the object invisible worked!
Code:
if(keyboard_check(vk_control)&& noshot=1)
{
noshot=0;
alarm[3]=10;
visible=0;
}
if !(keyboard_check(vk_control)) if visible=0 visible=1;
alarm event:
Code:
noshot=1;
show_message("Screenshot disabled in free version");

Roa

what happens when someone uses a program to tile dump your app? Or easier still windows snipping tool?

W

Wraithious

Hmm I would guess you could do the same thing with window_has_focus, if false make the object invisible? Then when true and object invisible is true show the message

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Wraithious

what happens when someone uses a program to tile dump your app? Or easier still windows snipping tool?
Yep that worked too,

step event:
Code:
if(keyboard_check(vk_control)&& noshot=1)
{
noshot=0;
alarm[3]=10;
visible=0;
}
if !(keyboard_check(vk_control)) if visible=0 visible=1;
if(!window_has_focus())
{
noshot=0;alarm[4]=10;
visible=0;
}
alarm3 event:
Code:
noshot=1;
show_message("Screenshot disabled in free version");
alarm4 event
Code:
noshot=1;
I used alarm 4 to NOT show the message because it would be annoying and accusitory to the user to see that if he got a call or something legit other than trying to burn images off my app