• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE SOLVED - Disable objects in room editor

Heathenlamb

Is there any way to disable an object temporarily in the room editor as opposed to using code in the object it self. So I can just disable it for a run or export, then re-enable it again ? Like a click on/off type scenario ? I have looked at the UI options in the room editor and can't see anything, or in the pop up menu on the object itself.

D

Deleted member 13992

Try the list of objects under Layer Properties, directly under your layer list. There should be a checkbox next to each object.

1626828103949.png

Try the list of objects under Layer Properties, directly under your layer list. There should be a checkbox next to each object.

View attachment 41506
That disables exporting the object when you run the game which is different than deactivating the object temporarily and then being able to activate it in-game.

Is there any way to disable an object temporarily in the room editor as opposed to using code in the object it self. So I can just disable it for a run or export, then re-enable it again ? Like a click on/off type scenario ? I have looked at the UI options in the room editor and can't see anything, or in the pop up menu on the object itself.
You have to deactivate the objects through code, either in the room's creation code or through an object's event.

This is something I wish GMS2 had, is the ability to deactivate objects through the room editor by simply pressing a button.

Edit: My bad, I read OP's first sentence and assumed he needed to deactivate objects through the room editor and then re-activate when you start up the game. Muki is right on this one.

Last edited:

Heathenlamb

View attachment 41506
Yep that will do. I completely missed this as it was all bunched up in the terrible side panels layout. I have been using GMS for years and I didn't even know this was there. Thanks heaps for this info. I think the Room Editor panels need a serious overhaul.

Thanks again Muki !