• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

[solved] Debugger question - Step in/over/out

Xer0botXer0

Senpai
Hi guys,

So I'm using the debugger and normally I use breakpoints to find out what is going on!
In this case I've got an object that destroys itself, I've used breakpoints by instance_destroy functions which I thought were the areas where they could be destroyed, then I know which code block it is and can see whats happening, but so far it's not triggering those break points which means the instance is being destroyed else where.

I'm hoping that step in/over/out will help me, my guess is that one of those in a sense makes every line of code a breakpoint, in the sense of moving from one line to the next in the order they are run in the game, from one object to another. In a sequence. Is that what they do ?

had a look at it myself, Guess it was a good assumption, I'm inlove with step-in!
I'd whole heartedly recommend using step-in during debugging.

Last edited: