• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [SOLVED] Debug Tab not showing up

H

HEROplastic

Hi, I'm trying to debug my game, however, when i press F6, click the debug button, or go to Build -> Debug, the game compiles and launches but the Debugger tab doesn't show up anywhere.

The output screen shows that the debugger apparently connected succesfully, it's just nowhere to be seen on the IDE

Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: Ive tried both YYC and VM, result is the same

EDIT2: Solved! Just go into the gmstudio app folder and delete the Cache folder in there

Last edited by a moderator:

rIKmAN

Hi, I'm trying to debug my game, however, when i press F6, click the debug button, or go to Build -> Debug, the game compiles and launches but the Debugger tab doesn't show up anywhere.

The output screen shows that the debugger apparently connected succesfully, it's just nowhere to be seen on the IDE

Thanks in advance!!

EDIT: Ive tried both YYC and VM, result is the same
The debugger will appear in a tab at the top or bottom of the IDE.

H

HEROplastic

Try doing a "Reset Layout" from the "Layout" menu at the top of the IDE.
Already tried that, no result.

I just noticed something new, when i close game maker and re open it and reload my project (or create a new project with just an empty room) and I try to debug, the first time it creates a new IDE window, separate from the one i had, but it doesnt show a debug tab either, nor the debug option on the top menu. What I assume from this is that when it tries to create the debug tab, it ends up creating a regular tab instead for some reason?

I'm clueless