1. Hello Guest! It's with a heavy heart that we must announce the removal of the Legacy GMC Archive. If you wish to save anything from it, now's the time! Please see this topic for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Question - IDE [SOLVED] creating and exporting an extension in GM:S2

Discussion in 'GameMaker Studio 2 Community Tech Support' started by Ruimm, Apr 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ruimm

Ruimm Member

Hi all
    I just got GM:S2 and I'm loving it so far. However I'm trying to create an extension with some scripts that I have on a Project because I want to use them on several diferente projects. But there doesn't seem to be a way to export extensions, or I'm not seeing how to? Also it doesn't seem to mention this on the documentation...

Also, when looking at my script files it seem all of them are now a folder containing both a GML and YY file. If I need to add scripts to a new Project, should I copy the GML files manually? should I choose import an then select the GML files one by one?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Ruimm

Ruimm Member

So after getting in touch with the tech support I finally found what I needed. It seems that if you want to share assets/scripts/etc between projects we should now use Asset Packages and not extensions. I'm guessing extensions now should be used to create native extensions and stuff like that..
    When creating an Asset Package it will be uploaded to the Marketplace, so you should create a private/non sale asset if you want to make something for personal use only.

3. mjadev

mjadev Member

Hi,
    I have created a package for my personal use (GMS2). The goal is the same as yours: reuse my code in different projects.
    I thought that creating a package was the good solution to avoid to add all my scripts one by one in my new project but it seems not so easy...

Indeed, I have created my package, uploaded it on the market and now, I can't download my own package. When I try to do that, there is a message : "you can not buy your own assets" !!! (it's free and private so, only me should be able to "buy" it...)
    I have also followed this tuto from Yoyo blog ( https://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us...-An-Asset-Package-For-Testing-Or-Personal-Use ) but I do not find my package on my hard disk...

so I have few questions now:
    - how can I access to my own package ?i
    - why do we need to create a publisher account and upload the package when it's a private package for personal use only ?
    - is it really the good way to reuse it's own code ?

4. deciia

deciia Member

You can see it in the marketplace - my library.
    You can serch it with the name of the package.

5. Ruimm

Ruimm Member

yea, in GM:S2 go to the "marketplace" menu and then go to "library" it should be there. It took me a long time to figure this out myself as well :)

6. mjadev

mjadev Member

oh thanks !!! :)

7. RizbIT

RizbIT Member

ok i just created a new extension aswell and published to the market place but i cant find a way to add this extension to my own projects, i tried the marketplace>My library and its not shown there.