• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

UWP (Solved) Could not connect to Device Portal (UWP exporting)

Working on versions: IDE:2.2.4.474, Runtime: 2.2.4.374.

Since the current version I could not export to UWP target anymore. In the log I have the following informations:

Unable to decode the returned string from dpdeploy:System.Net.WebException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Could not connect to remote server 192.168.0.21:50433
w System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
w System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
w System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
w dpdeploy.Program.HttpGetExpect200(String _uri)

Error : Could not connect to device 192.168.0.21:50433. Please follow the setup guide (http://help.yoyogames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001100548) and try again.
Igor complete.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Exception: Error connecting to device 192.168.0.21:50433.
w ..(String[] )
I suppose my Device Portal is set up correctly. I can login to it via browser and it was working previously on version 2.2.3. User Name, Host Name, Password have not changed.

I don't think that something is blocking connection to Device Portal. Nothing special has changed in my system since then - except the GMS version..

Does someone experience such problem? I would know before I file the bug. Thanks.

Last edited:

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
Check your device's IP address and make sure it's still the same. Unless that device has a DHCP reservation on the router, it may get a slightly different address now.

rIKmAN

Open up the device portal in Windows settings and check the IP and Port it gives you there and use that instead of the port given in the guide.

I also have to login to the Device Portal through the browser before it will connect through GMS2.

Open up the device portal in Windows settings and check the IP and Port it gives you there and use that instead of the port given in the guide.

I also have to login to the Device Portal through the browser before it will connect through GMS2.
Indeed. IP and port number must be the same as in the Windows settings.