• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED]Corrupted text drawing

Pfap

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening. I added some test code to a rooms creation code editor, then later removed it. After deleting the code and closing the creation code editor the ide asked if I wanted to reload or save, with the room creation code being the only thing listed as changed. As I no longer wanted the creation code I clicked save, instead of reload.

Now when I try to draw text it is garbled. Is there any known issues or solutions to what I am experiencing?

Code:
draw_text(x,y,"This text should not be corrupted. Is it a font issue?");
The above code is outputting the below image.

Attachments

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Have you cleared the compiler cache? Sometimes when changing resources in this way the cache can become corrupted and you are required to rebuild it. You can clear the cache using the "broom" icon at the top of the IDE, and then rebuild by running your game again. If this fails, open the font resource and click the "Regenerate" button to regenerate the font texture, then clear the cache again and try running.

Pfap

Have you cleared the compiler cache? Sometimes when changing resources in this way the cache can become corrupted and you are required to rebuild it. You can clear the cache using the "broom" icon at the top of the IDE, and then rebuild by running your game again. If this fails, open the font resource and click the "Regenerate" button to regenerate the font texture, then clear the cache again and try running.
Thanks!

Regenerating the font solved my issue, this is my first time hearing about or using the font regenerate option.