• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visual [SOLVED] Corner collisions in platformer

C

Colorized

Whenever I press in to an edge on a platform, I stick. I dunno how to describe it, but it looks like this.

I'm pressing right and I stick. Please help!

Relic

I know you have indicated drag and drop, but there is not enough info to even hazard a guess. Whatever checks you use to set gravity or to stop vertical velocity must be triggered in this situation.

C

Colorized

I have 3 collision objects: one for the ceiling, one for the walls, and one for the floor. The ceiling doesn't really matter here. The walls set my horizontal speed to 0, and the floors set my vertical speed to 0. That point in the image has the two intersect. I can sorta see why it is happening, but I don't have a solution to it.

C

Colorized

I'm using collision events. On collision with the floor, my vertical speed is set to 0. On collision with the walls, my horizontal speed is set to 0.

C

Colorized

NVM, I figured it out. My friend handed me some collision scripts and I reworked the game a little bit, so all is well.