GM:S 1.4 SOLVED: Compile error, but no indication in compile window...

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by DividingByZero, Jan 10, 2019.

1. DividingByZero

DividingByZero Member

Hello all,
    Been awhile since I have been here, but I am working on a project again. It has been working wonderfully for days, adding building etc. But, today, when I try and compile my game, all of a sudden I am getting a compile error.

"Compile Failed - Please check the Compile window for any additional information"

The compile window doesn't have any additional info, the last line is

"Compile finished: 1:51:39 PM"

I have tried cleaning the project, etc... but nothing seems to clear it up. It was just working earlier today. I did add a new object, so I am going to try removing it, but as far as I can tell the object is good (I have combed the code over and over for syntax issues).

Any ideas?

2. DividingByZero

DividingByZero Member

Ok I am good now. I deleted that last object I created and things are good. It must have had something corrupt related to it or a very well hidden syntax error (i quadruple checked everything).

Still strange that it didn't provide any sort of indication what the error was.