• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE [solved] Code Error reported showing wrong line

M

MagnumVulcanos

Code:
of  Step Event0
for object obj_char:

Unable to find any instance for object index '6' name 'obj_map'
 at gml_Object_obj_char_Step_0 (line 687) - depth = 100 - room_height - y;
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_char_Step_0 (line 687)
That is the error, and the lines of code are as follows:

[685] #region DRAW
[686]
[687] depth = 100 - room_height - y;
[688]
[689] if nearest_interactable != noone {
I can't fix the error, since I don't know where it is coming from. I cleaned the project, and the error still happens.
The line [depth = 100 - room_height - y;] should have no '6' anywhere. room height is 3200, and y should be something like 3000.

Should I de-update to a previous version? runtime or IDE? This is a pretty abd error, since I have no idea where it the 'obj_map' error is coming from, I am looking into it, but obj_map should not be popping up any issue.

EDIT:
Error may be due due to an infinute loop, working on solving it, no idea why there is an error with the lines, solving this error made another 3 crop up.

Last edited by a moderator: