• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] Clarity on Required SDK

J

J_Dev

Hey guys, I am able to get builds working, I just want to ensure that I interpreting this the correct way. On the Required SDK page it says the following:
  • Android SDK Tools 28.0.0
I find this terminology a little misleading, as the Setting Up For Android documentation doesn't define this term.

The reason I find it unclear is because Android SDK Tools is a term directly used in Android Studio (point 3), however, I know that the highest release is 26.1.1 (therefore isn't what is being referred to).

Point 2, Android SDK-Platform Tools does reach 28.0.0, however I believe this is related to communicating with the device, and is never really covered in the Setting Up For Android guide.

So that leaves point 1, Android SDK Build-Tools which I believe the term is referring to.

I would just like confirmation that "Android SDK Tools 28.0.0" is referring to the Build Tools and accompanying Support Library.

Thanks.

Attachments

J

J_Dev

it's number 1, android sdk build tools
Thanks for the confirmation. I did say that in the Setting Up For Android documentation they don't use the term but I was mistaken, and it is referring to my "point 1". Thanks.