• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion [SOLVED] Can't login - "Profile incomplete"

L

LostLogia

Hey guys!

Okay, so i have a big problem here and I can't for the life of me figure it out.
I was running GMS2 fine until earlier today when I reopened it and it greeted me with an error about my session being invalid, so it made me login again.
No problem I thought, right? Just enter my password aaand ... Another error message.
This time it was the weirdest one I have ever seen:
profileBug.png

I was kinda stumped. My profile is filled out, so why is telling me to complete it?
Actually, why is that required to RUN the program in the first place? What does my profile on the YoYoGames website have to do with me being able to make a game?!

Anyway, I searched the internet far and wide, but I found nothing, noone seems to ever have found themselves with the same problem I am facing right now.
I tried reinstalling, I even cleaned all the files from the AppData folder and registry and did a fresh install, but to no avail, the error stays and I can't log in anymore.
I even opened up a ticket with the helpdesk, but since I heard it could take ages (like, weeks or even months) for that to be answered, I finally tried asking here on the forums.
I own and run GMS2 through steam, if that is important to know.

This is really bad, I have to continue the work on my game but I now am unable to do so.
Some help would really be appreciated.

Double-check that your YYG account has everything in it for the profile. It was announced a while ago that you had to update your profile otherwise you would not be able to use the IDE. It is all because of the changes that have had to be made to the account system to comply with the GDPR policy being enforced by EU (I believe that is where it is coming from).

If you have filled in absolutely everything in your YYG profile (not your forum profile), I would then suggest getting in touch with YYG Support as they are probably the only ones that can sort out account issues.

L

LostLogia

I checked it again and again and again, pressing save over and over, but it changes nothing.
Unless they also want to force me to add my address (which is not exactly part of the profile, since it's an extra thing on the site), but then we kind of step into illegal territory here.

Also, that makes no sense ... the GDPR policy is basically the right of European citizens to stay anonymous if they want to and know exactly what data is being collected from them. Forcing users to fill out a profile and therefore remove their anonymity is exactly the opposite of what GDPR is about.

Guess I'll just have to wait for support to answer my ticket then? Great...

Also, that makes no sense ... the GDPR policy is basically the right of European citizens to stay anonymous if they want to and know exactly what data is being collected from them. Forcing users to fill out a profile and therefore remove their anonymity is exactly the opposite of what GDPR is about.
I'm only going on what has been said on the YYG Twitter account about the requirement to update your profile. I don't honestly know, as I am not an EU citizen.
IMPORTANT: Following our GDPR updates, from Thursday 5th July, if you haven't already updated your YoYo Account, you will need to do so to enable access the GameMaker Studio 2 IDE. Update your details here: https://accounts.yoyogames.com/profile/details We suggest doing this to avoid any inconvenience.
https://twitter.com/YoYoGames/status/1014486548350472194

Also, there was a Tweet in the last day about the account servers getting updates:
https://twitter.com/YoYoGames/status/1017351512157245440

G

Guy_Typing

@LostLogia Do you use something like script safe or some other script blocker? I was having the same exact problem as you just now and I finally found a couple of scripts that were being disabled on the yoyo profile page and there was a new contract that popped up that you have to agree to. After I did that and then saved the preferences for no mail I was able to get GMS2 to work.

And yes I agree, this system is retarded.

L

LostLogia

Yeah, I have NoScript ... and you're right, when I allowed some random website/script, the new ToS popped up.
Now I can finally log back in...

Jesus christ, who thought THAT was a great idea, putting the new ToS behind some random script.

Anyway, thanks a ton for that information! I can finally get back to work.

I'm only going on what has been said on the YYG Twitter account about the requirement to update your profile. I don't honestly know, as I am not an EU citizen.
Yeah, don't worry, I'm not shooting your way, you are just a messenger here and have no idea yourself. ;)
Thanks for the info and trying to help me though! Thankfully, Guy_Typing could solve the mystery, for now...!

P

phantom_void_1994

Hey guy,i'm having the same problem like yours.
i have already allowed all the script.
But, it doesn't work.
So, could you tell me what kind of web browser you use or how could i solve this problem with using chrome?

D

Darth Looper

It is an issue with NoScripts and other like minded browser extensions. here is an example of the minimum you need to allow to log into GMS2 while running it. I believe rawgit.com specifically was the one i needed but it could have been MXPNL.com

Attachments

D

Darth Looper

Hey guy,i'm having the same problem like yours.
i have already allowed all the script.
But, it doesn't work.
So, could you tell me what kind of web browser you use or how could i solve this problem with using chrome?

Check with any anti virus or anti malware systems you have running. i could easily see how spybot search and destroy or avast browser protection might be doing a similar thing to it. make sure GMS2 is whitelisted in your protection programs.

K12gamer

Have tried multiple things suggested on forums...but still stuck in a "Update your Profile" LOG IN loop...
Can't access help desk...because I have to "Update my Profile" to do that.
Can't use GM2...because I have to..."Update my Profile" to do that.
Been trying for days now.
About to say screw this...and go back to GMS 1. :mad:

rIKmAN

Have tried multiple things suggested on forums...but still stuck in a "Update your Profile" LOG IN loop...
Can't access help desk...because I have to "Update my Profile" to do that.
Can't use GM2...because I have to..."Update my Profile" to do that.
Been trying for days now.
About to say screw this...and go back to GMS 1. :mad:
How will going back to GMS1 help with this situation?
You're having problems with your profile, and the same profile/account is used for both 1.4 and 2.x.

When I login I always get taken to the profile page, but it doesn't stop me from navigating away to other parts of the website: marketplace, helpdesk etc.
I do have all info filled in though, including address etc.