• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[Solved] Can't Launch GM8.1

W

WobbleScoff

Did yoyo shut down the gm 8.1 servers, it keeps asking for a licence even though I already have the full version. I was using it at least a few weeks ago and as I understand you only need to be online once a month for the licence to verify, so what's going on?

Also my GM Studio 1 and 2 are both working.

Last edited by a moderator:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
A new month started 2 days ago. The verification period may be based on the calendar, not last verification.

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
I see no reason to wait. I'm not quite sure what the problem here is - so far, it sounds like it's only asking you for verification, not that you're unable to verify.

Are you completely unable to verify or does it merely ask you for verification?

W

WobbleScoff

I see no reason to wait. I'm not quite sure what the problem here is - so far, it sounds like it's only asking you for verification, not that you're unable to verify.

Are you completely unable to verify or does it merely ask you for verification?
I cannot verify, it just keeps saying "Download Error: The connection to the server was Reset"

Then I click ok, it says Game maker is unable to validate your licence.
If I enter my licence it just repeats the same messages.