• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows [SOLVED] Can't change platform from test to windows, can't build game

boajuse

I purchased GMS Desctop edition from Steam. On upper left settings i have "Test, Local, VM , default, default". When i press build i get "Can't build fore target platform". Pressing on upper left icon, there is no option "windows" under platform section. So how can i do it?

Reactions: Mut

chamaeleon

Log out of the IDE and log back in, and it should pick up your license properly. Might also have to link your Steam account with your Yoyogames (not these forums) account. I have not used Steam for this aspect, so I can't say for sure how it interacts though.

rIKmAN

Log out of the IDE and log back in, and it should pick up your license properly. Might also have to link your Steam account with your Yoyogames (not these forums) account. I have not used Steam for this aspect, so I can't say for sure how it interacts though.
Linking accounts just gives you access to the other version of GMS2 (the Steam version if you bought Standalone or the Standalone version if you bought on Steam).

Your logout/login advice was the correct fix.