• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code [SOLVED] Built-in functions seem to have vanished!

KMVegas

I'm not sure how I managed this one... but a couple of functions are just gone in GMS, specifially the bitmask_set_submask / bitmask_get_submask. I type them, but code completion doesn't recognize them, they are color coded as variables when I type them, and I get "uknown function or script" on them at compile time.

Some info...
  • I know It's exclusive to a single project. I tested another project, and it's fine.
  • I've tried deleting caches that I'm aware of, but no joy yet.
  • I noticed it after trying to type one of the functions before correcting a line of code that the code editor had flagged red.
  • I've tried a few other functions, and they seem to show up fine, so I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to these functions.
I guess that's all at the moment. I don't know if it's a bug or if I somehow confused Game Maker Studio with something I did. Is there maybe a certain cache or temporary folder I should be looking to delete?

Thanks for any help!

KMVegas

Ugh... I feel so stupid right now lol I'm always over looking the simplest of things, even after almost 20 years. That's exactly the issue. I just started this project last night and I'm gradually copying things over from another project. In the process, I forgot that these functions weren't built in. Thanks for pointing out what I should've seen, buddy.