• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android [SOLVED] "BUILD FAILED" after cleaning cache.

M

mb10

So running my game on Android was working fine until i mistakenly clicked the clean cache icon and suddenly i started getting "BUILD FAILED" error after a minute of trying to run.

While GM is trying to run the game it seems to be stuck at this:

FastCreate started: 00:55:38
FastCreate End File Copies: 00:55:39
cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\user\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\shmup\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.CloudMinds.shmup && "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease lint
"

Here is the full error message that I'm getting:

cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\user\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\shmup\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.CloudMinds.shmup && "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease lint "

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project ''.
> Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':classpath'.
> Could not resolve com.android.tools.build:gradle:2.2.0+.
Required by:
project :
> Failed to list versions for com.android.tools.build:gradle.
> Unable to load Maven meta-data from https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml.
> Could not GET 'https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml'.
> Connect to jcenter.bintray.com:443 [jcenter.bintray.com/35.158.150.18, jcenter.bintray.com/18.195.111.75] failed: Connection timed out: connect
> Unable to load Maven meta-data from https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml.
> Could not GET 'https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml'.
> Connect to repo1.maven.org:443 [repo1.maven.org/151.101.132.209] failed: Connection timed out: connect

Here is a screenshot of my settings:

Things that
I've already tried:
- Cleaning cache again.
- Restarting GM.
- Restarting my PC.
- Checking my device state with the command: -adb state. (it seems to be connected just fine).
- Killing adb server and restarting it.
- Pulling out my hair out of frustration.

As you can already tell none of these worked and honestly i really don't understand how cleaning the cache suddenly fu**ed up everything.

If anyone knows why is this happening or how to solve it please help.

Thank You in advance!!!

***********************************************************************************************************

EDIT:

I reinstalled GameMaker and now i no longer get the previous errors but instead i get this error:

* What went wrong:
Task 'assembleRelease' not found in root project 'com.CloudMinds.shmup'.

***********************************************************************************************************

EDIT 2:

I tried reinstalling the Android SDK and NDK, and also the Java JDK but now I'm getting the first error that i was getting.

also here is the lint:

**************************************************************************************************************

EDIT 3:

Okay i solved it!!! All I had to do was disable my antivirus, I SWEAR AVAST IS THE WORST ANTIVIRUS EVER!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NeonBits

To click the clean cache icon doesn't delete what's inside the folder in my version, so I do it manually. There's the "gtt-something" folder in "Appdata/Local" and what's in the folder "cache" in "my documents\gamemaker". Dunno if it'll help. Android is still not installed here but the compiler sometimes does this on me. Kinda frustrating after a couple of times.

M

mb10

To click the clean cache icon doesn't delete what's inside the folder in my version, so I do it manually. There's the "gtt-something" folder in "Appdata/Local" and what's in the folder "cache" in "my documents\gamemaker". Dunno if it'll help. Android is still not installed here but the compiler sometimes does this on me. Kinda frustrating after a couple of times.
Nope, sadly that didn't work either.

M

mb10

So running my game on Android was working fine until i mistakenly clicked the clean cache icon and suddenly i started getting "BUILD FAILED" error after a minute of trying to run.

cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\user\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\shmup\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.CloudMinds.shmup && "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease lint
"

cmd /c "subst Z: "C:\Users\user\Documents\GameMaker\Cache\shmup\Android\Default" && Z: && cd \com.CloudMinds.shmup && "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Android\runner\gradle\gradlew" assembleRelease lint "

* What went wrong:
Required by:
project :
> Unable to load Maven meta-data from https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml.
> Could not GET 'https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml'.
> Connect to jcenter.bintray.com:443 [jcenter.bintray.com/35.158.150.18, jcenter.bintray.com/18.195.111.75] failed: Connection timed out: connect
> Unable to load Maven meta-data from https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml.
> Could not GET 'https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/android/tools/build/gradle/maven-metadata.xml'.
> Connect to repo1.maven.org:443 [repo1.maven.org/151.101.132.209] failed: Connection timed out: connect

Things that
I've already tried:
- Cleaning cache again.
- Restarting GM.
- Restarting my PC.
- Checking my device state with the command: -adb state. (it seems to be connected just fine).

As you can already tell none of these worked and honestly i really don't understand how cleaning the cache suddenly fu**ed up everything.

Thank You in advance!!!

EDIT:

I reinstalled GameMaker and now i no longer get the previous errors but instead i get this error:

* What went wrong:

EDIT 2:

I tried reinstalling the Android SDK and NDK, and also the Java JDK but now I'm getting the first error i was getting.

pls help.

J

jonthenecro

"

* What went wrong:
Required by:
project :

Things that
I've already tried:
- Cleaning cache again.
- Restarting GM.
- Restarting my PC.

Thank You in advance!!!

EDIT:

* What went wrong:

EDIT 2:

I tried reinstalling the Android SDK and NDK, and also the Java JDK but now I'm getting the first error that i was getting.

also here is the lint:

**************************************************************************************************************

EDIT 3:

Okay i solved it!!! All I had to do was disable my antivirus, I SWEAR AVAST IS THE WORST ANTIVIRUS EVER!!!!!!
I've been having the exact same issue since i foolishly updated GMS. tried turning of avast but did not work for me. any other tips?

M

mb10

I've been having the exact same issue since i foolishly updated GMS. tried turning of avast but did not work for me. any other tips?
Can you show me your lint file after it gives you the error?
If it's not a problem with the antivirus then usually the lint file says exactly what the problem is.