• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code [SOLVED] Bug importing Spine sprites 1.4-2.x

JaimitoEs

After importing a project 1.4 to 2.0 with Spine files, this assets don't show on screen, you get a transparent asset...

Y

Yazuka

If you try and create a sprite in GMS2 and then import the spine sprite on that does this work?

Y

Yazuka

I'm not able to reproduce this, I've tried on version 44 in both a GMS1 and GMS2 project both were able to import Spine sprites correctly. I was also able to import a GMS1 project which had Spine sprites in it and they were correct too.

If you can get this every time would it be possible for you to report a bug report providing your ui.log (which can be found in %programdata%\GameMakerStudio2\) as well as the Spine sprite you're trying to use and we can investigate this.

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
It could be that you need to re-export the files from Spine as we have updated the runtime that we use (this is true on 1.4 as well) and the new runtime may no longer accept the older files.

Russell

rwkay

GameMaker Staff
GameMaker Dev.
Hmmm I suspect that you should submit a bug report with your project as it should work from 3.4.02 (that is what we are using internally) - let us take a look at what is going on.

Russell

JaimitoEs

Hmmm I suspect that you should submit a bug report with your project as it should work from 3.4.02 (that is what we are using internally) - let us take a look at what is going on.

Russell
Ok! working in 3.5, but i think the issue is related with Spine project, after updating Spine, first you must have :
1 - Open the project with new version.
2 - Save the project with new version. (An advertisement is showed telling you can not revert the progress for older versions).
3 - Close Spine and re-open this.
4 - Export the asset.

EDIT : Very happy, you have fixed the memory leak with skeleton bone states!

Last edited: