• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Team Request [SOLVED] Borderless Window Extension

S

Sam (Deleted User)

I made a borderless window extension for Linux a while back, and I was wondering if there were any current or future developers who wrote or would like to write and maintain a windows version to bundle with my Linux version (and upcoming Mac version) using a universal and cross-platform api that is identical to what is done in GM 8.1:

window_get_showborder()
window_set_showborder(show)

Note it is a requirement for this API for Windows to behave the same as GM 8.1 and my Linux port of the extension, which can be seen below:

Notice the client area does not change size or position on screen when it switches between bordered and borderless mode - this is the desired behavior for all platforms. It is also a requirement that the extension has no mandatory update function (something that executes every step) - I'd really like to avoid needing this to let the extension be plug n' playable with no advance set up required. Since init and uninit functions can be used in a GameMaker extension with no end-user set up required - I am ok with those.

I will be offering the Linux and upcoming mac version for free and open source, provided the windows version is also free and open source, with everything published to the marketplace free and open source under the MIT license. If you make any patches or changes to my linux or mac versions you will be added to the copyright in the code comments, and likewise for myself if I do so for your windows version.

I've spent countless hours trying to do a windows version of this extension, and I've finally given up on it, thus this topic.

Thanks!
Samuel

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lonewolff

What troubles are you running in to on the Windows side of things?

[edit]
Oh, I see the topic is marked as solved. That was quick.