• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[SOLVED] Auto Tiling tool BUG?

D

Dani

Hello!

I have set up a tileset. This tileset contains 2 sets of 47 tiles for auto tiling, named autotile_1 and autotile_2.

In the room editor, the following happens:

1) I click the first tile of the second set of auto-tiles (autotile_2).
2) I click on the auto-tiling tool icon.
3) The tile cursor automatically selects the first tile of the first set of auto-tiles (autotile_1).
4) So, I can't use auto tiling with the second set of autotiles. I'm forced to use the first set of tiles.

Is this a bug? I have tried many times, I have deleted and created the tileset again, etc. But there is no way of using the auto tiling tool with the second set of auto-tiles.

Please, help.

Thanks.

D

Dani

Ah, nevermind, I found that you must manually select the set of tiles in the Libraries tab.

I think that's a bit confusing and counterintuitive. It would be useful if this were automated, so that we only need to select the first tile of each set to start using the tool.