• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

[SOLVED] Android - Create an updated Google Play Services extension on my own

T

T-bond

Hello.

Today I tried to update the Yoyogames created Google Play Services extension, because it don't works anymore. (Outdated libs)
I put together a new extension, and reused some Yoyo's code. Now the project compiles and run.
But on init (after the splash screen) my program crash with a run-time error.
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.android.gms.R$string"
I checked and the multidex support is enabled in GMS properly.

Link removed.

Can somebody help to fix the issue?

Edit: Now it works. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

svrij22

What do you mean? I really need help. I used to make about 18$ per day, but a couple days ago my ads just stopped working. In all of my apps. So I tried updating everything, but its still not working. The new extension doesn't want to build when I compile my app and the old extension gives a HTTP 403 error. I have no idea what to do nor how to fix it