GMS 2 [SOLVED] Alpha problem with surface for a pause system

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Naoki, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Naoki

Naoki Member

Hello, hello,

I had a pause system with the screenshot stuff drawing on the screen but it seems the surface system can have a better result for my game.

Right now, I managed to create a new surface where I copy/paste the application surface on it when I pause the game but there is a problem with the sprites that have an alpha lower than 1. When I pause the game, the sprites with an alpha equal to 1 are perfectly drawn and still have an alpha equal to 1.

But the sprites with alpha lower than 1 have their alpha even lower, they become even more transparent.

So what I want to do is either having everything at alpha = 1 then I will have a black screen with alpha 0.5 to create a fake transparency or having directly every sprite at alpha = 0.5.

Most of the threads on this problem are talking about GMS 1.4 (I have GMS2) so a lot of things are irrelevant for me and so far I can't find a solution to solve this problem.

For the code, when I press Esc, a oPause object is created with this in the create event:

Code:
    pauseSurface = surface_create(room_width, room_height)

surface_set_target(pauseSurface)

surface_reset_target()

surface_copy(pauseSurface,0,0, application_surface)

instance_deactivate_all(true); 

and in the draw event I have:
    Code:
    "draw_surface(pauseSurface, 0, 0)"

So here I am again, asking for help to resolve something far too complex for my brain. :(

2. Naoki

Naoki Member