• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 [SOLVED] All sprites are repeating themselves, forming a trail wherever they go, including the background

Ftcv

Hi guys,

I'm participating in a gamejam, it's my first time using Game Maker Studio 2, everything was fine, until suddenly all the sprites are repeating themselves, forming a trail wherever they go, including the background, I can't figure out why.
1628261836462.png

Last edited:

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
... which means that nothing overwrites what's on the screen before the next frame is drawn. That's not done automatically, so you have to have something that covers the entire visible portion of what's drawn being drawn every frame.

The reply above is correct. Just providing the big picture. :)

And here's that big picture. :p

Untitled.png
In your 'Room Editor", click on "Background" then in the properties go ahead and do either 1 or 2 as circled. if you want to add a background image/sprite, do no.1 [...] or if just a simple color, then do no.2. your choice.

Ftcv

Thanks for the personal help, but the error persists even though I put the color in the background

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Is the sprite fully opaque and does it cover the entire visible area? Adding a sprite to a background layer means that the sprite will be used rather than a solid color that spans everything. The same principle applies here: Draw over everything or it will persist.

Ftcv

Is the sprite fully opaque and does it cover the entire visible area? Adding a sprite to a background layer means that the sprite will be used rather than a solid color that spans everything. The same principle applies here: Draw over everything or it will persist.
Thank you so much! That was the mistake, I ended up putting the bottom background with transparent parts, and that would have happened, thanks for helping!

Last edited: